Silly Season – or Crazy Season?
I see a massive increase in stress among my patients as the year draws to a close. Perhaps it’s just that the year has been challenging for many, but when I enquire about the stressors in people’s lives during November and December, they almost always say one thing: Christmas… I can’t help but wonder whether we should change the term ‘silly season’ to ‘crazy season’ as I watch people stress out about finding the right presents for their family, fight over shopping centre car parks, worry over what food to serve, and become concerned over the amount of money they’ll spend during the December/January holiday period…
But does it need to be that stressful?
Should it be that difficult?
Have we started to miss the true meaning of this celebratory period?
Have we forgotten the ‘heart’ of this time of year?
The True Meaning Of This Time Of Year
Regardless of what faith you believe, in our Australian culture we celebrate the end of year with family gatherings, food, presents and holidays.
Because of this focus on family and celebration – we can see that the true meaning of this time of year is one of ‘connection’.
And we connect most effectively through our heart – through our feelings of love and care for those around us.
As a result, I believe that the ‘heart’ of this time of year should be our feelings of love, community, care and support.
If we focus our attention and intention on this ‘true meaning’, then some of the hassles and stresses we experience at this time of year will suddenly become less important – and we will turn to deeper connection with others and ourselves.
I believe that if we do this, we’ll experience a happier, more transcendent and enjoyable holiday period.
How To Increase Your “Heart” Power This Time Of Year
When I share these thoughts with my patients, they often say to me:
“I understand what you’re saying, but how do I achieve this greater connection?”
I then explain to them that it all starts with you – you connecting to the centre of your emotions – your Heart Field – and that when you do this, the power of this love will emanate outwards from you to everyone you meet.
A Powerful Technique To Connect To Your Heart Field
If you’re feeling a little ‘out of sync’ with the true meaning of this upcoming holiday period and you’d like to change this for yourself and those you love, then I recommend my quick-but-powerful ‘Heart Field Connection’ technique.
It only takes a couple of minutes to do.
It will connect you energetically and emotionally to your Heart Field, which will enable you to radiate outwards from yourself the powerful positive emotions of Love, Compassion, Care, Appreciation and Gratitude. These emotions will flow from you to everyone you meet, touching and affecting them in powerful, positive ways. As you do this, you’ll start to see and feel the ‘true meaning’ of this holiday period – you’ll actually get to the ‘heart’ of what this time of year is all about – Love and Connection – to yourself and others…
Here’s How To Do The ‘Heart Field Connection’ Technique
To complete the Heart Field Connection technique, you need only do three quick and simple steps:
- Gently Physically Connect With Your Heart to Take Your Attention and Focus to Your Heart. Touch your heart area with your hand/s. Studies show that when people place their hands together (as in prayer) this harmonises the two hemispheres of the brain. When you place these hands on your chest around your heart area, it connects your senses to your heart as well. As you do so, take your attention and focus to your heart area and ‘sink’ into the heart field. Don’t ‘think’ that you are in your Heart Field – ‘feel’ that you are there… Take a minute to really ‘feel’ this.
- Slow your Breathing. Breathe slowly and deeply – perhaps in for a count of 4 and out for 8. When we breathe slowly and breathe out longer than we breathe in, it sets up Parasympathetic Dominance (which is the healing and repair nervous system response). This is because the only time we breathe slowly, deeply and longer out than in is when we feel safe. Safety equals healing in the body. Take a minute to slow your breathing down and relax.
- Say, Think and Feel 5 Key Positive, Healing Emotions – Love, Compassion, Appreciation, Gratitude, and Care. Take a moment with each word and imagine a time/experience when you felt each one – if you can. Let those feelings build within you. Say the related word in your mind and feel the emotion, and then move onto the next emotion. When you do this, you create a powerful connection between your mind and your heart. You also amplify the power of your Heart Field, so that these beautiful emotions of Love, Compassion, Appreciation, Gratitude and Care will emanate outwards from you – touching others energetically and emotionally in positive ways. Just do this for a minute or two.
I hope that you will take the time to complete my fun and quick Heart Field Connection technique. It could make a powerful difference to how you feel towards this holiday period.
It’ll also help you to connect to the true meaning of this time of the year – connection to our own hearts, and to the hearts of others.
As you do so, I encourage you to see what’s different in your life – you may be very surprised how things change…
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you!
Yours in health
This Is What You Can Do Next
If you’ve enjoyed this article and you want more valuable tips and support, then you can do 4 things right now.
1. Claim your free subscription
Sign up for our newsletter with high quality health and wellness tips.
2. Book for our “new clients’ special offer
We at Beyond Good Health can help you. Beyond Good Health Holistic Medical Clinic Brisbane and Gold Coast offer holistic health services tailored for your specific health needs. To book for our special 60-minute introductory offer, you need to click HERE and have your overall health status checked by our expert alternative medicine practitioner in Brisbane and Gold Coast. For ALL new clients, we also offer for a limited time, a BONUS 30-minute comprehensive Body Scan.
3. Check out our Facebook Videos and Posts
It’s important to me that all my patients have as much effective information about health topics that are important to them as possible. So, I’ve been posting videos and informational posts that deal with a range of important health issues on the Beyond Good Health Facebook page. If you’d like to learn more about important health topics, please go to the Beyond Good Health Facebook by clicking on: https://www.facebook.com/BeyondGoodHealth/ .
4. Share this article with your family and friends
Click on one of the social media buttons below and share this valuable information with all the people your care for. We believe that sharing is caring!
Beyond Good Health Gold Coast
Address: 600 Glades Dr, Robina QLD 4226, Australia
Phone: (07) 5522 8902