Your largest and most important organ needs your help – today!
My Kind of Bodyguard
There was a movie I once watched years ago about a bodyguard. He went to school with a young boy and protected him. He didn’t speak at all – but he would push bullies out of the way, clean a place on the cafeteria table for the boy and even carry his heavy school bag for him. If only I had someone like this looking after me when I was at school!!
Well, we all kind of do have our very own silent bodyguard, protecting and supporting us from moment to moment. And it’s called our Liver…
What Your Liver Does
Your liver is your body’s largest internal organ (the skin is larger is size, but it’s an external organ) and many medical specialists regard the liver as the most important organ. This is because it performs so many different functions. Let’s have a quick look at them:
- It is involved in dozens of metabolic processes – from breaking down and absorbing fats to holding onto important trace minerals.
- It is the most important detoxifier. This means it deals with all the toxic by-products of eating, all the preservatives and pollutants that enter our food and water, and all the chemicals thrown out by parasites, bacteria and viruses in our body.
- It is an amazing purifier. It helps cleanse the blood so that it doesn’t get dirty with all the rubbish in our food.
It’s no wonder we can’t live without it…
Introducing Your Amazing Liver…
The liver sits under your rib cage, on the right side of your body. It has two sections (lobes) and stretches from the bottom right of your rib cage right up and across much of the right side of the ribs. You may be surprised to learn that the liver can weigh up to nearly 2 kg – that’s massive! The liver is also regarded as a gland because it secretes bile – and the liver is the only organ that can regenerate itself! If you cut some of the liver out (because your liver is diseased) it grows back from the point of the incision onwards – amazing stuff…
When Your Liver Isn’t Doing So Well, Neither Are You
When your liver isn’t doing so well, you really feel it. The sorts of things that can tell you that your liver isn’t functioning at tip top condition include:
- a coated tongue
- bad skin (dry, flaky, red patches)
- low energy
- tummy problems (especially indigestion)
- allergies and sensitivities
- hormonal issues (your liver detoxifies all the hormones in your body)
- poor results on your Liver Function Blood Test (particularly AST, ALT, GGT)
My Five Top Liver Health Tips
When you start to experience the problems listed above, you may want to make some changes to your life so that your liver will get back to performing its essential job as fast as possible:
- Stop Junk Food. I know that you’ve heard this many times before – but if there’s one thing that will help your liver the most, it’s this. Processed food doesn’t have the nutrients required for it to be digested properly, so the poor liver has to take these nutrients from other places just to metabolise the junk you’re eating! This, along with the challenges involved in dealing with refined carbs, sugar, fat, and artificial colours and flavours – it’s no wonder our livers are having a really tough time. Stop eating junk food! Enough said…
- Eat dark, leafy greens. Have a large salad each day with dark, leafy greens like kale, rocket and spinach. These greens support liver detoxification.
- Eat cruciferous veggies. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, and Brussels Sprouts are examples of cruciferous vegetables. They contain sulphur which is important for liver health. When chopped up and left for a few minutes before cooking, they also produce a powerful, natural nutrient called Sulforaphane. This is a super liver detoxifier.
- Supplements. N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a sulphur-based amino acid that helps with liver detoxification. It, along with Reduced Glutathione (I prefer using the injectable form to maximise absorption), are two powerful liver supporting supplements. Before using these or other supplements, I recommend seeing a health practitioner to make sure that they are right for you.
- Herbs. The most commonly used herb for liver support is Milk Thistle. I recommend getting your Milk Thistle from a practitioner who has access to top quality supplements because Milk Thistle must be harvested during the wet season, and some lower-quality products are poorly handled and have mould which can make your liver (and you) really sick.
What If You Are Worried About Your Liver?
If you are concerned that your liver is not doing well, and you’d like some expert assessment and support, please call BGH on 1300 853 006. Our specialist naturopaths can do a range of tests to check your liver function, and we can arrange for a Liver Detox Panel and Blood Tests too. Sometimes we all need a little extra help and expertise, so getting a health practitioner that you know and trust can make a big difference to how fast your liver recovers.
A Liver Workshop – Just For You
On Saturday 17 March, I’m going to hold a very special ‘Love Your Liver’ workshop. This whole-day event will be run by myself and acclaimed neuropractic kinesiologist, Helio Matahari. You’ll get six hours of education, entertainment, fun – and powerful transformation – that will all be directed at improving your liver’s health.
We’ll be combining my decades of nutritional knowledge to teach you everything you’ll ever need to know about your liver and how to ‘love’ it back to physical health. BUT – experience has also taught me that our emotions, negative beliefs and the impact of energies around us also impact on liver health.
So, we’ll be using cutting-edge energetic technology to identify what emotions, beliefs and other elements are blocking our livers’ health – and then we’ll simply remove those blocks. This then sets the stage for you liver to function optimally – detoxifying all those nasties in your food and cleaning your blood so that you feel great.
This one-two punch of Physical and Energetic Healing has made amazing differences in people’s lives – and I’d like you to experience the health that comes from this. So, please contact to BGH to book your place. I want it to be a small-group workshop so I can give special attention to everyone – so places are very limited.
I hope that you now see how important your liver is – because I see that when I improve liver health, people’s skin clears up, their hormones balance, and their digestion gets better.
I also hope that you’ll love your liver by following my five top tips above – your liver will thank you – and you’ll feel energetic, clear and strong for many years to come. And if you decide to join me for my ‘Love Your Liver’ workshop, you’ll fast-track your liver health and supercharge it so that you’ll feel amazing!
Yours in health
Dr Zung Vu (Price)
Integrative Doctor, Naturopath, Herbalist, Nutritionist
This Is What You Can Do Next
If you’ve enjoyed this article and you want more valuable tips and support, then you can do 4 things right now.
1. Claim your free subscription
Sign up for our newsletter with high quality health and wellness tips.
2. Book for our “new clients’ special offer
We at Beyond Good Health can help you. Beyond Good Health Holistic Medical Clinic Brisbane and Gold Coast offer holistic health services tailored for your specific health needs. To book for our special 60-minute introductory offer, you need to click HERE and have your overall health status checked by our expert alternative medicine practitioner in Brisbane and Gold Coast. For ALL new clients, we also offer for a limited time, a BONUS 30-minute comprehensive Body Scan.
What will you get? We will take your detailed health history, discuss your current health symptoms, identify your high-risk behaviour and environmental factors, outline a personalised step-by-step plan for your health journey and a BONUS full 3D body scan of all body systems!
3. Check out our Facebook Videos and Posts
It’s important to me that all my patients have as much effective information about health topics that are important to them as possible. So, I’ve been posting videos and informational posts that deal with a range of important health issues on the Beyond Good Health Facebook page. If you’d like to learn more about important health topics, please go to the Beyond Good Health Facebook by clicking on: https://www.facebook.com/BeyondGoodHealth/ .
4. Share this article with your family and friends
Click on one of the social media buttons below and share this valuable information with all the people your care for. We believe that sharing is caring!
Beyond Good Health Gold Coast
Address: 600 Glades Dr, Robina QLD 4226, Australia
Phone: (07) 5522 8902
If You or Someone You Care About Needs Help
And don’t forget – if you or someone you know needs help with their health, please call BGH on 1300 853 006 to make an appointment to see one of our amazing BGH practitioners. We’ll walk with you along your path of healing. We’ll help you, support you and care for you and your loved ones all the way.
If you’d like to learn more about BGH, nutrition, and important health topics, then please go to our website and Facebook Page – you’ll be surprised at how much amazing information there is at these two locations (including videos by me on natural health and healing):
Latest posts by Dr. Zung Rosita Vu (Price) (see all)
- Breaking Free Of Family Expectations - October 22, 2019
- How Feelings Can Affect Your Health - September 30, 2019
- How to Beat Chronic Fatigue And Restore Joy And Energy! - September 22, 2019