Did you know that Mung beans are rich in protein, vitamin C, iron, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, thiamine, cooper, manganese, folic acid, high in fiber, low in saturated fat, low in sodium and contain no cholesterol? The wide range of nutrients contained in Mung beans provide a lot of health benefits for your immune system, heart, metabolism, cell growth, and protection of free radicals and diseases such as diabetes and cancer.
Uses of Mung Beans
There are many ways to use Mung beans. You can sprout, cook, or ground them to make flour. In some Asian countries, like in Thailand we make it into a paste, sweeten it, and use it as a filling in pastries or make a cake. And this is what I will share with you today: a healthy recipe Mung Bean cake that is very easy to make in just 3 steps!
Mung Beans Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup yellow Mung beans
(Note: You can buy these in most supermarkets or Asian groceries)
- 250 ml coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (or ¼ cup palm sugar)
- In a medium pot, combine beans with 3 cups water and bring to a boil for 15 minutes or until beans are soft. Drain the water and blend in a blender to puree.
- In a small sauté pan, put in the coconut cream or coconut milk, add sugar, use medium heat, stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved (about 2-3 minutes). Add the Mung beans puree into the pan and stir until it forms a paste. (about 10 minutes)
- Take off the heat and put the Mung beans paste into small cup cake forms or a cake pan in any size/form you want; there are no limits to your creativity. You can eat the cake just like this, but if you want to make it look a bit nicer, I suggest you let the cake cool down a bit before you cut it into pieces and serve. Or you can put the cake in the fridge for a while so that it sets quicker before serving.
Enjoy your Mung beans cake!
This Is What You Can Do Next
If you’ve enjoyed this article and you want more valuable tips and support, then you can do 3 things right now.
1. Claim your free subscription
Sign up for our newsletter with high quality health and wellness tips.
2. Book for our “new clients’ special offer
We at Beyond Good Health can help you. Beyond Good Health Holistic Medical Clinic Brisbane and Gold Coast offer holistic health services tailored for your specific health needs. To book for our special 60-minute introductory offer, you need to click HERE and have your overall health status checked by our expert alternative medicine practitioner in Brisbane and Gold Coast. For ALL new clients, we also offer for a limited time, a BONUS 30-minute comprehensive Body Scan.
What will you get? We will take your detailed health history, discuss your current health symptoms, identify your high-risk behaviour and environmental factors, outline a personalised step-by-step plan for your health journey and a BONUS full 3D body scan of all body systems!
3. Share this article with your family and friends
Click on one of the social media buttons below and share this valuable information with all the people your care for. We believe that sharing is caring!
Beyond Good Health Brisbane
Address: 13/221-223 Waterworks Rd, Ashgrove QLD 4060
Phone:(07) 3366 8955